Frequently Asked Questions
Guidance answers you might be looking for
No. Only the Credit institution with your permission/consent
- Digital- when performing a credit check, the loan officer will enter your phone number into the system and a 10-digit code will be sent to your phone.
- You give that 10-digit code to the loan officer and they will put it in the system, acknowledging that you have given your consent for your credit history to be accessed.
- Physical – you will fill out and sign a consent form that is scanned and uploaded into the gnuGrid CRB database.
Credit Report and Scores are updated monthly
- Traditional Lending Institutions, such as commercial banks, and microfinance.
- Informal Lending Institutions, VSLAs, SACCOs
- Public Utility Companies
- Telecommunication Companies
What if the information on my credit report is not accurate? Or if the officer delays sending through a payment
You can log a dispute.